Volunteer Opportunity: Mission Staff for Team Newfoundland and Labrador
December 14, 2011
The Department of Tourism, Culture and Recreation is seeking enthusiastic, experienced people to serve as volunteer Mission Staff for the 2013 Canada Summer Games, being held August 2 – 17, 2013 in Sherbrooke, Quebec.
As part of the Mission Team, and with support from the Department of Tourism, Culture and Recreation, you will work to ensure all aspects of Team Newfoundland and Labrador’s preparation are in place, including, but not limited to: athlete services; uniforms; media relations; registration, and sport technical packages.
• strong interpersonal, communication and administration skills
• thorough knowledge of our Province’s amateur sport system
• interest in, and enthusiasm for, working in a fast paced multi-sport environment
• ability to operate independently and in a team atmosphere
• ability to perform functions and duties outside of your assignment
• extensive and varied experience as a volunteer
To apply for this opportunity, please forward a completed application by January 19th, 2012 to: Kristina Turner, Department of Tourism, Culture and Recreation, P.O. Box 8700, St. John’s, NL A1B 4J6 or you may email your application to KristinaTurner@gov.nl.ca. The application can be found online at http://www.tcr.gov.nl.ca, at www.sportnl.ca and attached below. For additional information, contact the Department of Tourism, Culture and Recreation at the email address above, or call 729-2829.
Download Attached File
Back to Sport NL News