October 12, 2018, Gymnastics Newfoundland & Labrador
Program Assistant- Gymnastics Newfoundland & Labrador
Gymnastics Newfoundland & Labrador (GNL) is the provincial sport governing body for gymnastics in the province. Located in Paradise, GNL is a not-for-profit organization whose mandate is to provide leadership and to develop the sport of gymnastics at all levels domestically and nationally.
GNL is now accepting applications for the part-time position of Program Assistant. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the successful applicant will be responsible for the support, delivery and enhancement to the GNL’s domestic programs and initiatives including Coaching Education, all aspects of the NCCP Program, training camps, team travel and other related duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work close with the Executive Director and other staff to follow and implement all aspects of the strategic plan to assist with the success of the GNL under the current plan
• Develop and create a communication strategy for all GNL members via online and social media tools-blogs, Facebook, twitter, etc.
• Plan all logistics required for team travel and travel to all events
• Implement all aspects of the gymnastics NCCP Program. Organize courses and enter all information into the Locker
• Promote the growth of the programs by communicating with registered clubs.
• Liaise with provincial partners in best practices to assist with the achievement of the association's mission statement and core values
• All other duties as directed under the volunteer board and the Executive Director
• A technical understanding of gymnastics is an asset.
• Detail oriented with strong computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, database programs and internet.
• Superior organizational, written and oral communication skills. The ability to create content, review and edit documents and/or curriculum an asset.
• Knowledge of the provincial and national sport environment.
• Willingness to work extra hours as required to compete tasks and available to work week nights, weekends and holidays as required. Travel will be required on occasion.
• A vulnerable Sector/Code of Conduct Certificate required.
Application Deadline is: 3:00 p.m. November 8, 2018
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume and 3 references to: Executive Director - GNL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remuneration based on qualifications, experience and ability. Please include your cover letter and resume in one document and ensure the email subject line reads "GNL – Program Assistant"
Gymnastics Newfoundland & Labrador is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those being considered will be contacted.
Back to PSO News